Click here to go to new Cosmetic Bio-glitter® website.
Ronald Britton Ltd was formed in 1945 and is a leading supplier of metal powders and glitters into numerous applications worldwide.
Formerly part of metallic pigment and ink producers Wolstenholme International Ltd, the Company was purchased by Colorlord Ltd in March 2008 following the sale of the rest of the Wolstenholme business.
Ronald Britton is based near Manchester in the North West of England and has a reputation for excellent technical and customer service provided by its friendly and experienced sales support team.
We have the ability to supply products in bulk or packed in small quantities to suit customer requirements.
Ronald Britton is committed to providing customer satisfaction and is fully ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accredited.
- 1945: Company formed with directors Ronald Britton (MD) and Mrs B.C. Britton. Business based in modest premises in Lever St, Manchester, merchanting aluminium pastes and flake powders, bronze powders and printing inks (including metallics). Printing inks manufactured by brothers AGW and FR Britton of London.
- 1946: Moved to larger premises accommodating both office and warehouse at 37 Brown St, Manchester. Product range gradually increased to include atomised aluminium powders, lead, zinc, antimony, tin/lead solder, ballotini and tinsel powders (glitter).
- 1946: Acquired works at Kettleshulme,Cheshire, with objectives:
- Lightfast dyeing of bronze and aluminium flake powders
- Manufacture of colourfast range of coloured metallic pastes for use in plastics and cellulose lacquers
- Manufacture of metallic printing inks
- Establish silk screen printing business printing metallic colours and tinsel powders onto dress and furnishing fabrics (subsequently sold to Todbrook Screen Printing Co.)
- 1948: Kettleshulme Mill destroyed by fire originating from aluminium sieving machine. Purchased small factory at Heyes Lane, Alderley Edge, Cheshire. Premises used for warehousing and manufacture of coloured metallic pastes and specialised bronze and aluminium pastes.
- 1949: Offices moved to Grosvenor Chambers, 16 Deansgate, Manchester, occupying part of office suite leased to J&J Makin Ltd head office.
- mid 1950’s: Company acquired by J&J Makin Ltd and Mr Ronald Britton becomes Sales Manager of J&J Makin Metals, Rochdale.
- 1969: Due to redevelopment of Deansgate site, in March the company moves to office and works accommodation of J&J Makin premises at Woodbine St East, Rochdale.
- 1969: In September Mr Ronald Britton negotiates early retirement and moves to West Buckland, Devon.
- 1970: Ronald Britton Ltd became stockists and distributors of ‘small quantity sales’ of all J&J Makin Metals powders.
- 1981: Works transferred to Wallhead Mill, Rochdale with offices located at Crossfield Mill, Norwich Street.
- 1984: Offices and works moved to Kingsway Industrial Estate, Rochdale. Company acquired by J Bibby & Sons – Barlow Rand.
- 1985: Company acquired by Wolstenholme Bronze Powders Ltd in October.
- 2005: Relocation from Rochdale to main site of Wolstenholme International Ltd, Lower Eccleshill Rd, Darwen.
- 2008: Company acquired by Colorlord Ltd in March and relocates to Regent Mill, Regent St, Rochdale.
- 2013: Ronald Britton Ltd operation and office moves to Colorlord’s Stakehill Ind Estate premises in Middleton, Manchester.